Raymond's Sweet history
This year's t-shirt is based on the Alberta Sugar logo. The sugar factory in Raymond played a critical role in establishing the Town of Raymond and providing livelihoods for many residents and surrounding farmers.
To begin, the grain elevator near the North entrance of town started life as a sugar beet processing factory. Canadian Sugar Factories Ltd. opened on October 19th, 1925. This was actually Raymond's second sugar factory, the first having commenced operation in 1903. This factory remained in operation until 1914 when the war caused the price of grain to skyrocket, making grain growing more profitable than beet growing. That spelled the end for the first factory.
Raymond is located just 36km South East of Lethbridge and is accessible by both highway 5 & highway 4.